Janet M. NeigelM.D. Request An Appointment
Dr. Neigel received both her undergraduate and medical degrees in her native New Jersey. She graduated with honors in biology from Douglass College, Rutgers University, and obtained her M.D. degree from UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, where she completed her ophthalmology specialty residency training. Prior to obtaining her degree, Dr. Neigel spent 2 years training in Far Eastern University Manila in the Philippines. She completed an orbital and plastic surgery fellowship at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada and she is a clinical associate professor of Ophthalmology at Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School. Dr. Neigel is licensed in New Jersey, New York and Florida.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Society of Ophthalmic Inventors
- International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- World Society of AntiAging Medicine
Dr. Neigel has presented research at the Academy of Ophthalmology and other major affiliations and meetings.
She has received several awards, including the American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award and the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award.
She is a publisher of articles, books, monographs and chapters in major national and international journals. She is included in “Who’s Who of American Women”.
Dr. Neigel is a member of the surgical staff at the following hospitals/surgicenters:
- St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ
- St. Barnabas Ambulatory Care Center
- Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, NJ
- Malo Surgery Center, Rutherford, NJ
- Rutgers UMDNJ-University Hospital, Newark, NJ
- Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City, NJ
- Ridgedale Surgery Center
Practice Website: www.eyelid.com