Andrew SimM.D. Request An Appointment
- Pain Management
St. George’s University School of Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Andrew Sim, MD, is a pain management physician who is part of the dedicated team at Alliance Orthopedics, serving patients in New Jersey.
Originally from New York City, Dr. Sim demonstrated exceptional academic prowess as a National Merit Scholar during his undergraduate years at New York University, where he earned a degree in clinical psychology. His outstanding achievements were recognized with the prestigious Henry M. Baird scholarship. Driven by his passion for medicine, he pursued his medical education at St. George’s University School of Medicine, graduating with cum laude Latin honors. He then returned to New York for his anesthesiology residency at Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Sim further honed his skills by completing specialized training in interventional pain management at Mount Sinai Beth Israel in lower Manhattan.
Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and holding board certification in pain medicine, Dr. Sim is an esteemed member of professional organizations including the American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Regional Anesthesia, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and the International Neuromodulation Society. He approaches each patient with an individualized and comprehensive mindset, emphasizing compassionate care and evidence-based pain management therapies. Driven by a commitment to improve outcomes and enhance the quality of life for his patients, he utilizes the latest advancements in the field.
Conditions and Treatments:
- Fluoroscopically-guided Epidural steroid injections for Sciatica / Radicular Back pain/ Herniated Discs/ Spinal Stenosis
- Radiofrequency Thermoablation for Cervical and Lumbar Facet Joint pain/ Chronic Knee pain/Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Ultrasound-guided Musculoskeletal injections and Platelet-Rich Plasma injections/Regenerative Cell Therapy for Hip, Shoulder, and Knee pain
- Spinal Cord Stimulation and Dorsal Root Ganglion (DRG) Stimulation for Post-laminectomy Syndrome (Failed Back surgery), Complex
- Regional Pain Syndromes (CRPS), Painful Diabetic Neuropathy
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for neck and low back pain, chronic knee pain, shoulder pain, inguinal neuropathy
- Sympathetic Plexus Blocks for CRPS, Cancer pain, Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Diabetic Neuropathy
- Sports Injuries, Auto Injuries, Workers’ Compensation
Practice Website: allianceortho.com